Energy Supply Breakdown in South Korea
- % Coal
- % Gas
- % Petroleum
- % Nuclear Power
- % Renewable Energy
Number of Operable Reactors 23
Number of Reactors Under Construction 5
- Electricity supply has not been able to keep pace.
- Unexpected circumstances such as fluctuations in weather or plant shutdowns have caused government-mandated energy efficiencies and rolling blackouts.
- There have been some past concerns with use of reactor components that were not properly certified, with falsified warranties.
- South Korea's high-tech reactors — with solid safety reputations — make the country’s technology a strong competitor in the world of exporting.
- Nuclear energy has been a strategic priority for the country, as it lacks the natural energy resources — such as oil and natural gas — that benefit many of its neighbors.
- Soaring electricity demand is led by residential consumers, followed by industry and commercial clients.
- Nuclear energy accounts for nearly 30 percent of consumed electricity and this percentage is expected to grow.
United States | February 1, 2019 4:51 pm
United States | June 15, 2018 2:27 pm
United States | May 4, 2018 3:05 pm
United States | October 26, 2017 4:50 pm
United States | July 6, 2017 5:10 pm
United States | June 22, 2017 3:10 pm
United States | May 4, 2016 4:00 pm
United States | January 31, 2014 11:31 am